The James Beard Legacy: A Celebration of “America’s First Foodie” in Oregon’s wine and truffle country
Native Oregonian James Beard was a longtime champion of Oregon truffles and proclaimed them as equals to their more expensive and established European counterparts. As an ode to James Beard and his advocacy for Oregon truffles, the 2018 Oregon Truffle Festival’s wine country weekend will celebrate James Beard’s culinary legacy.
Purchase either "The Terrior of Truffles" Weekend Package, OR, à la carte tickets for these delicious truffle-filled events:
- Friday evening opening Winemaker’s Reception with America’s First Foodie. The Legacy of James Beard told in film and story at the Chehalem Cultural Center.
- Friday evening A Rustic Truffle Dinner at Ruddick/Wood
- Saturday Forage & Feast Truffle Foray and Winery Luncheon
- Saturday night Bliss Food DinnerSaturday evening The Romance of Rosé
- James Beard Writ Large at Evergreen Aviation Museum Theater
- Sunday morning Pinot + Chocolate, a Love Story at the Chehalem Cultural Center
- Sunday Oregon Fresh Truffle Marketplace at the Chehalem Cultural Center
Please see the Oregon Truffle Festival website for pricing and availability.